I tried to change my router into a wireless bridge to avoid having to pay for a USB modem while borrowing my brothers XboX360.
To do that I installed OpenWRT kamikaze on my Linksys WRT54G router.
I had to try it a few times to get the configuration right. In the end I was posting this through my new wireless bridge.
My configuration files ended up like this:
option 'type' 'mac80211'
option 'channel' '05'
option 'disabled' '0'
option 'vlan1' '0 5'
option 'vlan0' '1 2 3 4 5*'
config 'interface' 'loopback'
option 'ifname' 'lo'
option 'proto' 'static'
option 'ipaddr' '127.0.0.1'
option 'netmask' '255.0.0.0'
That was all I needed to get it to work.
Furthermore i stopped the firewall - I haven't checked if that is necessary.
The config files might look a little odd compared to the default ones. The reason for that is that I installed X-Wrt to get a graphical interface. I didn't actually need it but I became kind of desperate in the process.
I also managed to get the router into a state where I could not connect to it anymore. Luckily I discovered that I could boot into the failsafe mode before I gave up on the router. It helped me a couple of times.